Everyone who wants to sell their car wants to sell it quickly and at the best price. Please see below a few tips on how to sell your car with AutoVolo:
- Always wash your car - making your car look the best it can will always help increase its buying potential.
- Take pictures – Taking up to 10 pictures is a great way to show your car to its full potential. Make sure you show a variety of pictures e.g. inside the car, driver’s seat, rear view, side view etc.
- Always make sure the description you are writing is accurate, to the point and detailed. Include things like the year of the car’s registration, condition of the car, mileage, how many months are left on the MOT and where in the country the car is located.
- Remember if your vehicle has a serious defect or is considered un-roadworthy, you could be breaking the law by selling the car if you do not declare it.
- If you can, repair any minor paintwork or damage, this will improve the value of the car.
- Make sure you have the required documents; last MOT certificate, log book and service history. If you do not have a full service history do not worry, just make this clear in the advert and show the documents you do have.
- Make sure your contact information is accurate – double check this before making the advert live.
- Price your car realistically especially if you are looking for a quick sale.
- Check the prices of similar cars online on AutoVolo and this will give you a good idea of what price to sell your car at.
- Don’t let potential buyers make any copies or take pictures of your car's documents.
- Remember to keep all receipts of any work carried out on the car whilst you have owned the car.
- When arranging for buyers to come and view the car, make sure you are not on your own. Take down any buyers contact details so you can make arrangements and keep in contact with them.
- Ask the buyer to bring their driving licence if they would like to take the car for a test drive.
- Always accompany the buyer on the test drive.
- Be prepared for the buyer to haggle a little on the asking price.
- Arranging to get paid by cash or an online bank transfer are the safest way of getting paid for the car.
- If someone wants to pay via a personal or building society cheque wait for it to clear in your bank before you hand over the car.
- Don’t let anyone drive your car away until you are satisfied that you have been paid in full.
You cannot sell a car with outstanding finance on it, without getting the permission from the finance company or settling the finance first. This includes outstanding hire-purchase or conditional sale agreements.
We monitor all the adverts and if we find any misleading adverts we will try to contact the seller and give them the option to rectify the advert. If we do not hear from them, then the advert would be removed without any refund.